Grow Your Own Round-up: Urban Breadmachine featured!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Just wanted to thank  House of Annie for adding me for her grow your own round-up. They featured my Rosemary Loaf that I blogged about on New Years.  Check out House of Annie for all the neat ideas of things you can grow yourself, and fun recipes you can make with your harvest.

The main ingredient in the bread was rosemary from the garden the boy tends (thought I help a little now and then). If you'd like to hear more about the process of some of the things we're growing and prepping ourselves, check out the boy's blog Growing, Eating, and Preserving Local Food in the ATL. Right now most of the garden is dormant, but he's prepping it for the soon to come growing season!

More to come on the pretzels. I know I'm leaving you hanging with just a taste of the history without some fresh pretzels to drool over. The next new loaf also to come this week!

4 comments:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Thank you for participating! We didn't get many bread entries, so that makes yours special.

Looking forward to future breads using homegrown ingredients! Stay tuned to the House of Annie for the next announcement.

Kristy Richardson said...

Thanks Nate, keep it coming! I have a few more ideas for breads to make that would go nicely in your nroundup. The boy may be able to submit a few of the other things we make from our garden from his blog as well. Thanks for including me, keep me posted!

Bonnie said...

I'm so jealous that you are already prepping your garden for sprin. I garden at two different altitudes. My last frost dates are may 15th and june 15th. I can't wait to see your blogs this summer at harvestime.

Kristy Richardson said...

Hi Bonnie,

We are pretty lucky here in Atlanta, as our last frost dates is April 10th. We're able to keep things pretty late in the year, and start back up again pretty early. We even still have those onions working in the garden... from last growing season!

You might be able to do some container gardening to fill the itch? There is quite a bit you can do in small containers now if you're thrifty.

I'm originally from the Great Lakes Area, and had many days where we didn't see much of the sun. People are prone to SAD in those parts. In fact, every time it gets grey and rainy round here, it reminds me of home!

Thanks for the comment, we'll have more fun to come!

Urban Breadmachine Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino